Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday mania

I just finished packaging up my 34 items for the St. Louis Paper Guild's Artvent project. What a fun month August will be when each day a new art gift is opened from many of my old cohorts and new friends to be. I worked on small 2" tiles (backed with magnets) with alcohol inks and leafing and then packaged them in coin envelopes. It was nice to get this done a bit early so I can concentrate on other things. The rest of this week belongs to some ATCs that are due for a swap at the end of June and unpacking from my teaching trip to St. Louis.

I am having fun these days playing with patterns to create texture. I used a Coldwater Creek catalog and tore vertical strips from dresses and created an interesting background that flowed from the greens into the blues for my altered calendar. I want to play more with these ideas.

No comments: