Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hard Holidays where art and music meet

No, this isn't my art at all, but the cover for a new EP put out by my nephew, Jon (25). His long time friend, Tia, did the cover artwork for him and it turned out great. I have put a link to Jon's myspace (or click here)so that anyone who wants to can listen to his music. Jon has been creating music for years and it has been interesting seeing the evolution and the depth that he now brings to the table. My personal favorite off this EP is Used Books Torn Pages but Nations and Hard Holidays are creative as well. I am amazed at the varied layers of music that can exist within one song and as everyone knows by now, I love layers in my art and the constant reveal. I wish Jon all the best with his music and his life. I celebrate what he has brought to all our lives with his talent.

No comments: