Sunday, January 26, 2014

Retro January Part 2

I spent some time a couple of weeks ago looking back at altered calendars of Januarys from years past.  Today, I pulled out some more and revisited them again.  Again, it is interesting to see what I was doing ten years ago in these collaborations.  Today I revisit 2004 and 2005.  The 2005 calendar base was Mark Rothko and the 2004 was a magnetic calendar with no particular theme.


I was quite taken with the juke box in the picture above.  So much so that I made it the focal point of that page and took a stroll down memory lane with what songs I would put in it.

Harlequin pattern still remains a favorite of mine as are chalk inks.  





A mish mash page that also includes some cold weather art by Sam who was 10 at the time.


 It's fun to see my old Christmas cards again. 



As always, water media dominated a lot of artwork I would focus on.  

 Hearts anyone?


Gymnastics was a part of every January for many years. I'm glad now that it's over that I documented the good, the bad, and the ugly.  It's a lot easier to look back on it now.  Thanks for looking with me. 

2 comments:

Maryjo McGraw said...

it is icredible how that teenage time flies by!

Chris Janne said...

What a wonderful way to preserve memories! Thanks for sharing.