Wednesday, February 10, 2021

2021: Still in the Covid Abyss

 

 

Golly, we're in February and the world is still turned on it's back and kicking and screaming.  I hope this entry finds you navigating the next evolution of Covid and that some of you have even had your first vaccine.  I'm on many lists but the lists are huge so until then, I hang out a lot in my studio and do art.  It's the safest place for me.  And keeping busy is mentally the best for me.  February is a busy month with lots to get involved with.  I'm working on three challenges at once, two old ones and one new one.  This is my fourth 100 Day Project and my second #28februaryflowers.  This year my focus of the 100 Day Project will be #100daysofwatercolor so many of my florals will be watercolor also.  The third challenge is #pyh2021 or Paint Yourself Happy and is all watercolor theme explorations.   I have some other commissions so I don't guarantee participating in all three everyday, but I'll do my darnedest.  All of my pieces will be in real time on my Instagram

HOT OFF THE PRESS:  I was again given the opportunity to do a feature project for StencilGirl  so I put together a non-watercolor piece called "Jungle Love".  It's here for you to enjoy.  Here's a teaser snippet.


I can't say enough how much I've enjoyed Creative Jumpstart this year.  The projects have been amazing and very doable.  You can deep dive into them or just try some of the ideas.  I can honestly say that I've learned a lot.  I'm sorry it is coming to a live end.  But it's not too late to watch the 45 videos and over 8 hours of video.  Go here to find out more. Videos are downloadable and are available until November 2021.  It is not too late.  Here's a recent photo of a piece I did after it was my project day.  I'm really happy with it.  I don't have it anymore but here it is for posterity. Happy early Valentine's Day to all.