Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumn in St. Louis

Fall arrived at the Curry household yesterday. I spent the morning decorating my fall mantle with everything from white pumpkins to feathers and copper glittered curly qs.  I am quite in love with the bit of seasonal whimsy dressing up my family room.  Meanwhile, the temperature hovered today in the low sixties so I brewed myself my first pumpkin spice coffee of the season and finished these Halloween tags for an exchange.  Harlequin designed papers combined with subtractive paint technique in the same pattern made for a neat vintage look for the largest tag.  I found an old Rubbermoon image for the Tim Holtz ticket and combined it with a Tim Holtz clear acrylic tag stamped with a newer Red Lead phrase to finish this tag series off. 

My classes are now set at Stamp Your Art Out on Saturday, November 12.  I will be teaching Rock 'n Roll:  Brayered Surface Design in the morning and then Kaleidoscope, a watermedia printing class, in the afternoon.  I am looking forward to my return to my old home store and some Cincinnati chili while I am there. 


1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Beautiful tag!