Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Birds of a Feather





I am back in the tundra of St. Louis after quite an eventful trip to the Tampa, St. Petersburg Beach area for five days of gymnastics bonding. This was our fourth year to travel down with Sammi's team and we had a great time, although the weather could have been slightly warmer. Fun was had by all. This season is still surreal since it is Sammi's last under USAG rules so each meet is bittersweet. It was a fun time for her since she had uninterrupted team time and also took home the all around award for the meet after winning bars, beam, floor, and taking second on vault. Add to that the camaraderie of the team, team parents, coaches and just generally the gymnastics world and you come up with the first reason I titled this entry, "Birds of a Feather." Gymnasts are a different breed and those in that world with them all have to stick together. I would guess it is that way for any high level individual competitive sport as well. Well, we did all stick together and it was a memorable time.

I worked on my inchie for the word caring today. I didn't have a clue what I was going to do until I was in front of my bird feeder and saw a male cardinal putting seed into his female's mouth since she couldn't get up to the feeder (the restaurant was quite crowded). Hence, the inchie I made for caring has a pair of birds and the titled phrase. I spent quite a lot of time watching the bird interaction and found it quite amazing.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Lovely! Birds really do demonstrate caring for each other!

Anonymous said...

It's a sweet inchie! Hope you'll be able to do one each week and come back and visit with me too.
Thanks for stopping by!
Diane
http://dianeknottsmusings.blogspot.com

Kris said...

Great one! Nicely said too!

Aileen said...

Thanks so much Nancy! Love your inchies they are very inspiring!