Monday, January 10, 2011

Powerful


That word means so many things to so many people. For me emotions are the most powerful thing in my life and always have been. This week I experienced a myriad of them....pride, fear, joy, and a little sadness as my daughter began her last competitive gymnastics season unless she chooses to continue in college. All were almost equal in intensity but the joy eclipsed the others when I saw her triumph over some physical and mental challenges. So for me, joy is the emotion I find the most powerful. I celebrate it in my entry for this week's inchie challenge. We leave for Tampa on Wednesday for her to compete again. It will be bittersweet for her since each meet will be her last one with the team. Fourteen years is a long time in a young life.

10 comments:

Kris said...

Really pretty inchie Nancy! I feel your unease about your daughter. Rights of passage are not without emotion.

Stampmaiden said...

This is a wonderful inchie. How interesting that you combined the "blues" with the word "joy." Then I read your post and understood. Beautiful.

ncurryartiste said...

Thanks so much for the comments. It's a very contemplative time so it was a nice release to do some art.

Paper Bagley said...

Beautifully put...extreme...Tootsie

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Joy is powerful and I love the way you've reflected that in your beautiful inchie!

aseknc said...

Beautifully expressed sweetie.

Great big "from one mom to another" hugs...
♥Anita
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.--William Wordsworth
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/

Terry said...

Yeah, I hear you! Thank you for your nice comment. I like yours too. Your first one is quite complex and the Powerful one is powerful yet nostalgic. Perfect!
Terry

Crafts a la Mode said...

Isn't this inchie cute? Joy can be powerful! Joy and blessings to you in the New Year!!

Joanne Huffman said...

Very strong message in vibrant colors - and I totally understand the compilation and intensity of feelings (felt it when my older daughter gave up competitive ice skating).

Cathy said...

What a wonderfully powerful inchie!