Monday, January 03, 2011

Eclectic



I noticed an online inchie challenge and decided to have a go. Now whether I will do it every week or not, I guess we'll find out soon enough. But it was very fun to work on this one today for the theme, eclectic. What's more eclectic than a post-Christmas phrase the I added at the end??? Today's "Fa la la" started as a leftover piece of transparency from a local demo last October. It was spot colored with Ranger alcohol inks, texturized with a product called Wood Icing that led to the darker more matte finish, and then gilded with Gildenglitz. I finished it off by backing it to a piece of white cardstock. What a fun time I had with this little piece.

7 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

This is very cool. So glad your playing.

Kris said...

Great interpretation! Glad you are getting on board. Would like to add you to the list of participants if you are up for it.

Deborah said...

Love the textures!

Dotti said...

Love the exotic color and texture!

Joanne Huffman said...

Love the depth, texture and color of this. You have a lot going on in a tiny space.

Paper Bagley said...

Wow...very cool in deed...I dont know how to do this but would like to learn...cool

ncurryartiste said...

It actually was a piece done on transparency. I spot applied a product called Wood Icing on top and let dry. Then I added alcohol inks in spots. The alcohol inks become matte on top of the Wood Icing. I used some Duo Adhesive from USArtQuest to gild the textures with Gildenglitz leafing. A Pitt Pen and wide Sharpie were used for the lettering and lining.