Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Well Hello There, 2015.

LEAP  LEAP   LEAP   LEAP  LEAP  LEAP  LEAP
LEAP  LEAP   LEAP   LEAP  LEAP  LEAP  LEAP
LEAP  LEAP  LEAP LEAP  LEAP  LEAP  LEAP


I began 2014 seeking solace.  I needed to regroup, rethink, but most of all, just be.  I took time to evaluate, heal, and reflect, personally and creatively.  2013 was a turbulent year that saw issues appearing in front of us as a family at every turn.  I needed 2014 to be just be, and with the exception of a few blips, it was.  
It's kind of funny, when you want life to just be, it sometimes takes you in a or several slightly different ways.  That was the theme of the first part of the year.  As covered in a previous blog, I finally decided it was time to figure out my unending anxiety and lack of sleep.  That step was pivotal for the rest of the year.  With that under wraps, I set out to find some protocols that would supplement what was being done medically. On that journey I discovered dōTERRA.  I had read a bit about essential oils, but was still skeptical until I felt their effects.  Nine months later, they are intregal to my wellness practice. Not only that, I've been able to help others with pain, sleep loss, and other health-related issues put before friends and colleagues.  I never saw this coming. 




In between teaching trips, teaching here,  and class-taking trips (artistic renewal),  I was able to create two new plates of stamps for my line, a few images that will make their debut somewhere special in 2015, and knocked out a set of stencils for StencilGirl.  I am so pleased with them. I fit in a little painting here and there,






a lot of RubberMoon tutorials,  and sold my first big house painting to a dear friend who spoils me so. I continued to be involved in Collage Club here as well as a smaller art group that meets weekly.  I love to make art and laugh with these gals.  Oh, and let's not forget about lunch.

The rest of my year was filled with almost two weeks in Europe with Jim and Sammi for her 21st birthday and my bucket list,

Venice
Princess Cruise dining room
                     
                                                            fun family days here,



more herniated discs (boo), lots of good friends and family who keep me grounded, and .... my wonderful dogs, aka sous artistes!




 Well Hello there, 2015


I am peeking for the new year as it approaches.
 

You can probably tell what my word is for 2015. Leaps can be planned and unplanned and I already have several aligned for this year.  I'm not sure what the unplanned will be, but I will leap with grace, rather than not take the opportunities.   



What will the year hold for all of us?

 Thanks for following this long retrospective!  Happy New Year.  If you have a word, comment to me.  I love words. 










No comments: