Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Perfect Risk

Watching the beginnings of another artist's journey is an intense experience for me. Musicians have always been close to my heart. I have followed my nephew, Jon's, exploration for years and found each phase really interesting. I have admiration for the creativity involved in not only writing the stories in the music but the music itself. What a process it must be. I also have admiration for the songwriter whose lyrics let you see exactly who he/she is in the story. That honesty and vulnerability is at the core of all art. It's simplicity is compelling and the purity of the emotion takes your breath away. I heard a new song by a dear family friend, Eric Sommerhof, last night. Eric spent the last year + with Sammi and his song, The Perfect Risk, will draw you in and make you remember who we should be. Enjoy...........

No comments: